The High Desert & Inland Employee – Employer Trust is proud to offer a robust portfolio of Blue Shield plans to school districts in California. Blue Shield of California has one of the largest networks of providers in the state. With 6 HMO plans, and 8 PPO plans, your district is sure to find a plan that suits your district’s needs.
HMO Plan Options
PPO Plan Options
**IMPORTANT Mail Service Prescriptions**
Blue Shield provides access to the mail service drug benefit through CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy effective January 1, 2017. This service offers you the convenience of receiving up to a 90-day supply of covered maintenance drugs, delivered to your home or office, with no charge for shipping.
CVS Mail Order Flyer
Here are some of the additional programs, services and discounts provided by Blue Shield.
How to find a network provider
– For HMO providers: Go to blueshieldca.com/networkhmo
– For PPO providers: Go to blueshieldca.com/networkppo
• Click on Advanced Search to further filter your search, such as by name, specialty, facility type, and more.
• Enter your city and state or ZIP code, then click on Find now.
Finding an HMO Personal Physician
To search for a Personal Physician (primary care physician), select “Doctors” as your provider type. Then, click on Advanced Search and choose HMO Personal Physicians under “Doctor Type or Specialty.” Click on the physician’s name to find the provider number and medical group/IPA number (needed when you enroll in the Access+ HMO® plan for the first time). Before you choose a Personal Physician, make sure the one you choose is accepting new patients by calling the physician’s office.
Estimate your medical costs
Blue Shield’s Treatment Cost Estimator tool offers PPO plan members estimates of both the total cost and out-of-pocket expenses for common network medical treatments and services. These estimates provide the transparency and clarity to help you budget and plan for future healthcare expenses. Just log in to blueshieldca.com and then click on Help & Support and then Treatment Cost Estimator
Teladoc is available to HDIEET Blue Shield members as of July 1, 2016 at a $10 copay. In order for a Teladoc Doctor to assist members an account is required. This account will allow U.S. Board-Certified Doctors to assist members 24/7/365 resolve medical issues via phone or video consult.
Set up your account today so when you need care now, a Teladoc doctor is just a call or click away.
Download the App
Why wait for the care you need now? Teladoc gives you 24/7/365 access to a doctor through the convenience of phone or video consults. You can feel better today and avoid the hassles of the hospital waiting room.
Teladoc – Long Wait Flyer
Teladoc – ER Flyer
Blue Shield Mobile App
Blue Shield members can now get even more of their health plan information anytime, anywhere. The Blue Shield mobile app and website have been designed for easier access on the go. Download the Blue Shield of California mobile app on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) at blueshieldca.com/mobile
Mobile App Flyer
Wellness discount programs
Blue Shield offers a variety of member discounts on popular weight loss, fitness, vision, and health and wellness programs that can help you save money and get healthier.
Diet and Exercise
• Weight Watchers – Get discounts on three- and 12-month subscriptions and monthly passes, including special rates for unlimited local meetings each month, plus free eTools.
• 24 Hour Fitness – Enjoy waived enrollment, processing, and initiation fees and discounts on monthly membership dues.
• ClubSport and Renaissance ClubSport – Obtain a 60% discount on enrollments when joining with a month-to-month agreement. Enrollment fees are waived when joining with a 12-month agreement. (There is a one-time $25 processing fee when you enroll.) Two complimentary personal training sessions for each new member (a $150 value) and three hours of complimentary childcare with a family membership.
Health and Wellness
• Alternative Care Discount Program – Get 25% off usual and customary fees for acupuncture, chiropractic services, and massage therapy, plus get discounts on health and wellness products, with free shipping on most items.
• Discount Provider Network4 – Take 20% off the published retail prices when you use a participating provider in the Discount Vision Program network for exams, frames, lenses, and more.
• MESVision Optics – Take advantage of competitive prices on contact lenses,5 sunglasses, readers, and eyecare accessories, with free shipping on orders over $50.
• QualSight LASIK – Save on LASIK surgery at more than 45 surgery centers in California. Services include prescreening, a pre-operative exam, and post-operative visits.
• NVISION Laser Eye Centers – Receive a 15% discount on LASIK surgery from experienced surgeons with offices in Southern California and Sacramento.
For details, go to blueshieldca.com/wellnessdiscounts
The Prenatal Program is designed to improve quality of care received during pregnancy and to reduce the costs associated with high-risk pregnancies, while helping women have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. The program includes educational mailings as well as 24/7 telephone support and case management for members with high-risk pregnancies who need extra support. For more information, visit the Health and Wellness on blueshieldca.com
Wellvolution is the simplest way to work wellness into your day. Wellvolution features easy-to-use online programs that can help you learn about your health and improve your well-being. You can also invite your family and friends to join in. View Flyer Wellvolution
Call anytime to talk with a team of experienced professionals ready to assist you with personal, family, and work issues. Get referrals for three face-to-face or telephone consults (in a six-month period) with a licensed therapist at no cost to you. The LifeReferrals 24/7SM phone number is located on the back of your member ID card. For more information, visit the Health and Wellness on LifeReferrals 24/7 (member sign-in required)
Speak with registered nurses anytime, day or night, and get answers to your health-related questions, or go online to have a one-on-one personal chat with a registered nurse anytime. The NurseHelp 24/7SM phone number is conveniently located on the back of your member ID card. For more information, visit the Health and Wellness on NurseHelp 24/7 (member sign-in required)
Condition Management Programs
These programs offer nurse support as well as education and self- management tools for members with asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, heart failure, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. For more information, visit the Health and Wellness on Condition Management (member sign-in required)
If you would like more information on the High Desert & Inland Employee – Employer Trust Blue Shield plans please contact us.
3390 University Ave., Suite 300
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: (951) 779-8589